- The Timehop app makes me so happy. I know I’ve mentioned it before (haven’t I?) but it’s an app that shows my social media posts from the last 1-5 years, as well as one thing in history from this day. Today it showed me my blog posts from the past few August 8ths (about school libraries and domain names), my Facebook posts and pictures (regarding gardens), and my twitter feed. Reminded me that Xanadu came out 33 years ago today and that it’s been one year since I purchased my own domain name. All good stuff.
- My new glasses are making me happy – even though I feel like everyone freaks out a little when they see them! It’s pretty funny. They are a statement and so comfortable. It was such a good buying experience. I also am so happy to have my rose-colored Coach sunglasses turned into prescription sunglasses! Since I stopped wearing my contacts, I didn’t get to wear them as much, so now I’m happy to be able to wear them – and to stop squinting while driving!
- It made me happy to dream a little about winning the lottery last night – I actually made a list of what I would do if I won some money. It clarified the travels I would love to do and how “stuff” isn’t as important as adventures.🙂
- The music video of Mumford and Sons is quite a hoot – many smiles from that! http://youtu.be/rId6PKlDXeU Click to watch it yourself! Find the surprise!
- I was asked to participate in another Book Blogger Book Tour! I will be receiving a book and review it during their book tour! September 17 is the date I will be reviewing Freud’s Mistress by Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman. This book tour is sponsored by TLC – the website where I won a box of books from! Love books!
- Still on a high from the Superbowl of Books held the last week of July… so much fun. Maybe instead of twice yearly, we will have to do it quarterly!
- Anticipating great fun at Ferragosto this year! I truly think it will be the best ever – and I haven’t even heard from some of you! :) My kitchen is a mess with bags of food packed and ready, my suitcase is out with the important stuff in it (swimsuits and towels!), and I have many Ferragosto-type beverages packed and ready to go!
- Having every weekend in August off is so exciting! Last weekend I had a great day long road-trip with this guy I’ve been hanging out with (woot! maybe more about that later???). Lots of fun stops, including the Marine Art Museum in Winona, Lakeview Drive-in, the Great River Road (?) in Wisconsin, a winery, River City Days in Red Wing, and dinner with Beth and Doug in Lake City. The day ended at Whistle Binkies on the Lake, sitting around the firepit with whiskey and bread pudding. Ah. It was a good day. And then to the lake on Sunday with Marissa and Jenny to see the Rochester Grimsrud’s. A perfect summer weekend off and a preview of my upcoming Ferragosto time!
- I heard through the grapevine (my mom’s Facebook page) that Marissa is going to be able to move in early, so that last weekend in August that I don’t work I will be able to help her move in and get settled! Very excited that it can happen, as I work overnights that first weekend in September/Labor Day weekend, so I will be tired and zombie-ish.
- Speaking of working overnights, that’s what I’m doing now. Well, I mean last night and tonight and tomorrow night. But I slept pretty good today – almost 7 hours – and I survived night one without much trouble. That makes me happy.🙂
- Watching Jimmy Fallon daily on my computer makes me happy. Last night I started looking at plane fares for NYC in October! So much to plan, which is almost the best part of a vacation – and hopefully Jimmy Fallon will be part of that trip! Woohoo!!! Troy – we’ve gotta talk! :)
Well, that’s all for now. Must get out of bed, get some food, and get ready for night 2! But tell me — what’s been making you happy lately? How are you celebrating Happiness Happens HappyThon today?
- The Secret Society of Happy People Celebrates the 14th Annual Happiness Happens Day on August 8 with HappyThon (prweb.com)
- Happiness (walkietalkiebookclub.com)
- Mid-August Lunch (Pranzo di Ferragosto) (myoldaddiction2.wordpress.com)
- The Happiness Project – Finding Happiness Everyday (healthysummer.wordpress.com)
- Mumford & Sons get Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman and more to spoof them in ‘Hopeless Wanderer’ video – WATCH (music-mix.ew.com)
- 19 Telltale Signs A Guy Is Really Into You (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Just Be Happy (lifebeam.wordpress.com)