I’m going to be a Grandma!
I’ve known for quite a while now. I picked out my name (Nana ‘Nette), bought a 4-door car for car-seat ease, and helped plan the gender reveal get-together with the families. But I haven’t purchased an outfit or a piece of equipment yet – so far all I’ve bought is baby books!
Upon learning the news, I bought The Belly Book for Marissa
The Belly Book – documenting the 9 month journey!
and From Dude to Dad for Adam.
From Dude to Dad – the Diaper Dude’s Guide to Pregnancy
Then for fun (and because it’s so brilliant), I bought Hickory Daiquiri Dock by Tim Federle.
Hickory Daiquiri Dock – Nursery Rhymes with a twist (of lemon!)
I know that I’ll be buying little boy outfits and nursery items soon enough, but I also know that this little one will have a great library of books at his disposal! Woot!
Do you have favorite books – for mom and dad or for baby boys?
It’s been a while since I did an “update” blog, so thought I’d ramble a little. I listen to a new podcast by Gretchen Reubin about Happiness and she said that a tradition that she and her family have is weekly email updates to each other. I think it’s a great idea and wonder if it’s something that we could establish in our family. I started a “Grimsrud Women” Facebook group, hoping that it is somewhere we can use, so we will see! I love communicating and remaining connected with those I love!
Deadra and I used to email each other weekly – we should do that again. Last time I spoke with Deadra she mentioned that she thinks of this blog as a way that I keep people updated, and I suppose it is. It’s also my way of remembering – storing the activities and thoughts of the moment in one place.
So in an effort to update
- Not so many movies, in the theatre anyway. Pitch Perfect 2 at the late show on a Tuesday is about it since McFarland. I have caught up on some Netflix, though. Binge-watched Grace and Frankie, which was fun. Now watching Season 2 of Orange is the New Black – season 3 comes in June. We watched Non-Stop the other night – a Liam Neeson scary thing – and a few others from our DVR that aren’t memorable right now. I am watching the finale of Season 1 of The Outlander as we speak – using the blog to distract me from it! It is a little more violent and graphic than I like. Uff.
- I really enjoyed reading Me Before You – a wonderful story! SO original an interesting. Really captivated me, which is good for my reading slump. I finished listening to The Weird Sisters this morning – that was fine. Took me a while, so the continuity gets lost. Now what to read next is tough. I started one on the Kindle but it is not grabbing me, so I’ll move on, I think. Maybe my DNF (Did Not Finish) list will exceed my TBR piles.
- We celebrated quite a few things in the past few months – so much to celebrate! I passed my LICSW test, Gunnar turned 18, Trajan turned 16, Chuck and Carolyn were surprised with a 25th wedding anniversary party, and Sierra passed her GED! We also celebrated with our Christmas gift of Billy Joel tickets! It was a great concert, even from way up high! He is a fun performer to watch. To add to the evening, we had dinner at Gluek’s before the show and they were playing all Billy all the time, and believe me, there was a lot of singing aloud at every table! Because, who else can you sing to, but Billy Joel! There was a moment when three women – all strangers – were singing at the top of their lungs together in the bathroom – and we sounded great! Good times…
- Cosmo Girls went bowling in April and had a Garden Party in May! It was a great way to end the year… in a seasonal porch, listening to the rain. So much fun with those girls!
- We had our Take Note! Spring Concert and it was great! A good concert with SMU students there to add to the show! Singing is just sooooooooo good!
- You know what isn’t good? My new haircut. Uff. That was a tough lesson. I don’t believe I’ve ever cried over my hair before – I don’t think I’m that kind of person. But I cried on Friday. I’m over it. I hate it but I’m over it. I can handle a bad hair day, but I guess a bad haircut is a different story. Luckily it’s summer and my hair will grow fast! And I won’t need it cut for quite a while!
- We tried some new restaurants – Schweich’s Hotel in Kenyon, Casablanca’s in Rochester, and Riverside on the Root in Lanesboro. It’s so fun to try new places, especially locally! We also took the MINI to Winona with Jenny and ate at the Blue Heron cafe, explored the Marine Art Museum (a MUST SEE!) and walked around Lake Winona. Was a perfect day!
- And of course, we learned the gender of my new grandbaby! It was a wonderful meeting of two families to support these two youngsters as they journey towards parenthood! They had the ultrasounds with the reveal in an envelope and picked out two outfits at BabyGap and the clerk was the first to know! She wrapped up the little BOY outfit and the moment we all learned was priceless. Chris and I joked that we were going to show up in t-shirts that said “We’re here for the SEX,” but we held back. It was a great night. So much joy with babies. Can’t wait.
So there’s an update. I would like to challenge Marissa to spend a little time with her blog, as she is an incredible writer and it would be a great way to remember her thoughts and feelings and joys during this time! Are you up for it, Mo??
Well, off to read! For real!