Well here we are, the last day of 2010. It doesn’t seem that long ago that I got used to saying “twenty ten” – and now here we come “twenty eleven”! Amazing.
I finished “Helen of Pasadena” in the wee hours… it was a fun, quick, smart romance. It made me reschedule my appointment at the Genius Bar on Wednesday, because I had a hard time putting it down and getting out the door on time. I turned out the light last night after finally admitting I was too tired to finish (12:40 AM) but a few minutes later turned the light on again and finished. A fun book. It is the book club pick for my Preston bookclub in January. It will be fun to discuss.
Thanks to Goodreads, I think I have a pretty good list of all the books I read in 2010. In reverse chronological order they include:
- Helen of Pasadena
- Before You Know Kindness
- Shanghai Girls
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (Millennium, #3)
- When in Rome…: A Novel of Piazzas and Passion
- The Last Time I Saw You: A Novel
- How to Be Single
- Going in Circles
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- The Love Season
- The Cinderella Deal
- Beatrice and Virgil
- The Next Thing on My List
- Water for Elephants
- The Sleeping Beauty Proposal
- Everything She Thought She Wanted: A Novel
- Other People’s Weddings
- The Stormchasers
- Best Friends Forever
- The Girl Who Played with Fire
- The Other Woman
- Belong to Me
- Love Walked In
- The Beach House
- Firefly Lane
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)
- The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and Friendship
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir
- Size 12 is Not Fat: A Heather Wells Mystery
- Chasing Harry Winston
- Peony in Love
- The Friday Night Knitting Club
- No Horizon Is So Far: Two Women and Their Historic Journey Across Antarctica
- The Cat Who Said Cheese (Cat Who…, #18)
- The Moment Between
- The Help
- A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table
Items of note in my “book world” in 2010:
- I met three authors – Ann Bancroft, Lian Dolan and Jenna Blum. I got to spend a lot of time with Ann and Jenna and they are both remarkable women and inspiring!
- I read the three Millenium books and unexpectedly loved them all.
- I read the book that inspired the start of the Cosmo Girls.
- I listened to a few more audiobooks this year than I have in a while – although it used to be all I listened to in my car and with the death of my iPod I anticipate I’ll listen to more in 2011!
- I plowed through a lot of books during my Ferragosto vacation.
- 40 books = almost a book a week, which is very cool!
In 2011 I look forward to many more book club discussions, meaningful books, fun books, book blogging, and hopefully more meet-ups with authors!
Happy Wishes for a beautiful 2011!
Off to read!