I don’t remember many Leap Days of the past, but here are some ramblings…
- The year Marissa was born was a Leap Year. With a due-date in late February 1988, I had wondered what it would be like to have a Leap Day Baby. She had a Leap Day Baby in her graduating class, so we do think of her every Leap Day!
- I remember taking a Leap Day walk with Beth where we did many Leaps along the way – over puddles, over cracks in the sidewalk, over tall buildings (ha!). It was a fun walk (one of many) but leaping made the day memorable!
- Leap Day 2008 was closing day on my flooded Rushford house. Marissa and I just drove around Winona instead of going to the closing – tears were shed, memories were shared. Probably the most memorable Leap Day for me and the day was chosen purposefully so that it wouldn’t be a yearly memory – once every four years!
- And now to Leap Day Present. Nothing memorable – just reflections of how much can happen in four years! Leaps and Bounds!
- I didn’t know Chris in 2012 and now I look forward to spending the rest of my Leap Days and all the days between with him.
- It’s the 2nd Leap Day in this home – 8 year anniversary is coming up in July!
- Next Leap Day, little August will be 4! Kaydee will be 8 and Emma will be 5! I’ll be in a new decade (Yikes) and we will hopefully be debt free?
- Today I told my mom she should have a party pretending to serve foods inspired by all things leaping – rabbit stew, frogs’ legs, Mexican jumping beans… it didn’t happen but we will have to plan it for the next time Leap Day rolls around!
Looking back, February 2016 was again filled with friends, family and fun! Chronologically:
- Lunch with Cindy and a Take Note! party at Beth’s!
- A Tropical Celebration with my parents for their birthdays, retirements and their anniversary – a Permanent Vacation party!
- Superbowl party and Mayo Basketball!
- The Forager for dessert and Panera for dinner with Chris’s kids.
- Prescott’s for Valentine’s celebration amid Chris’s big work weeks. His new job meant a shift change and overtime work.
- Celebrating Marissa’s birthday and SocialICE 2016!
- The Grammy’s and the Oscar’s and Downton Abbey and movies at home!
- Belated Margarita festivities with friends at El Patron, Nupa with Sierra and family and Victoria’s with Kevin.
- “The Lady in the Van” at the Wehrenberg
Now we’re staring at March… what madness will ensue?!