It’s so cliche, but where does the time go? Thought I’d do a quick update on what I’ve been up to. I hope you will let me know what you’ve been up to, too!
What I’ve Been Reading:
“Sick Girl“ by Amy Silverstein – we read this for group supervision at work and will be discussing it on Friday. It is a powerful memoir about a young woman who quickly becomes sick and within 8 months has a heart transplant. It was interesting to read about her relationships with her physicians, with her family, with her fiance/husband, and with her new heart. She is angry and that’s not always easy to read, but it’s her story.
“Elizabeth the First Wife” by Lian Dolan – and on a lighter note, the second novel by my Satellite Sister, Lian. 🙂 Her debut novel, “Helen of Pasadena,” was a fun little book, but this one ramps up the smarts in a big way! The story-within-a-story of All’s Fair, a book using Shakespearean philosophy to give modern advice for couples, is smart and fun. The chemistry that Elizabeth has with the men in the book is well-written and the fleshed-out personalities of her family members round out the smarter-than-average fun read. Good stuff.
What’ I’ve Been Watching:
- Got my Al Pacino fix by watching Frankie and Johnny on Instant Netflix and Scent of a Woman on DVD. I love love love Frankie and Johnny… good stuff.
- The Kentucky Derby was fun to watch at the 4th (?) Annual Party hosted by Sarah! Orb was the big winner, and someone else at the party won the big money. We had a good time wearing our hats, drinking mint juleps, and watching the spectacle around the one-minute race. There was still snow on the ground (May 4, 2013) but the air was warm, especially in front of the garage heater!
- Finally got to watch a few of Gunnar’s baseball games in the sunshine! April was a soggy and cold month, so they’ve been playing catch-up and we sat in the 90 degree weather on Tuesday and watched the games. Felt good to have warm sunshine on my shoulders!
- We went to The Great Gatsby in 3D on opening night (10pm show!)! It was a good time and I will see it again in 2D. It was a good time and the movie was beautiful and fun. I love Luhrman movies and this didn’t disappoint.
- Still faithful to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and the Daily Show.
- Anticipating some tears tonight with the series finale of The Office.
What I’ve been Celebrating :
- A fun evening with the gals eating a Greek meal at Gary’s house.
- A fun evening with the gals drinking margaritas and eating Qdoba deliciousness while celebrating Cinco de Mayo at Beth’s house.
- A fun evening celebrating Sarah’s birthday at Cannon River Winery for a wine tasting.
- A delicious dinner at Lynndon Bridge celebrating Mother’s Day with my mama.
I guess this is why time is going so fast! It’s so full! Love it!
What is keeping your life full?