The New Year feel has settled in. I think I’ve already gotten used to typing 2013 at work!
So now it’s time to think about my 2nd quarter of 11 fun things to do and look forward to!
(I think it needs a new name! It’s so cumbersome! 44 Things Quarter 2?)
My FALL list was not completed: I did NOT shop early for Christmas or play accordion weekly.
But I don’t feel regrets or guilt about not accomplishing things…
it just means that other things popped up and pushed them out of the way!
So my WINTER list of things to do or look forward to starts here:
44 Things – Quarter 2 (Jan-Feb-Mar)
- A January mini-vacation at Deadra’s, including many movies and much wine!
- Read “Persuasion” by Jane Austen with Wallace’s readalong in January
- START reading “Gone With the Wind” in February – it’s so large I’m not sure I can finish it in two months! But it’s after “Persuasion”!
- “The Book of Mormon” with Deadra and John in February!
- Host a baby shower for a work colleague at my house on February 13!
- Gaelic Storm in March with Kristine!
- Social-ICE in February!
- Walk at least twice weekly and do yoga once weekly.
- Spray Tan! Get the look of a summer glow!
- Pick a closet and clean it out OR
watch all of the Oscar nominated movies (which would you rather do??)
- Invigorate book club and plan ahead for the year
Well, that wasn’t what I thought it would be, but there you have it! I am maybe forgetting some of the things that I know that I will be looking forward to! Yikes… I started writing this down somewhere. And I’m still kicking around a list of THINGS for 2013, sort of like last year’s list. It may be an over-arching list, or maybe a theme word or statement for the year… still thinking about it on paper.
How about you? How do you feel about resolutions? Would you rather pick a theme WORD or STATEMENT (ala Let ‘er Rip) than set goals? Do you avoid these altogether?
- My Focus for 2013 (confettistyle.wordpress.com)
- setting goals. 2013. (unmaskedbeauty.com)
- 3 Essential Questions To Ensure 2013 Is Your Best Year Yet (women-unlimited.co.uk)
- ANNOUNCING: 2013 Read-a-Long Schedule (unputdownables.net)
- Creative Every Day First Check in of 2013: Productivity Explosion, Part 1 (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- Must-Have Monday: 2013 Pantone Color of the Year: Emerald Green (forevertwentysomethings.com)
- Resolve to Change 2013 (themissingsockblog.com)
- In 2012… (walkietalkiebookclub.com)