I hope that I will remember to post about the Things Making Me Happy at least every other week… it’s been a few weeks (busy weeks) since I last wrote about this, but it’s such a good thing to focus on that I hope I will make it a habit!
- Days off! I had a great Christmas and New Year‘s with family and although I worked last weekend, it has been bracketed by wonderful days off! I’ve been productive and relaxed; reading, entertaining, singing, watching movies, with just a little cleaning and organizing. Good stuff.
- My Blu-Ray player for Christmas is so exciting… so easy and smart to use. Just a breeze.
- Reading Jane Austen is always so relaxing. I’m reading “Persuasion” as a readalong and although it isn’t living up to “Pride and Prejudice” level of love from me, it is still enjoyable to read. I’m wondering if Jane Austen is NOT meant to be read on an electronic device, though. That has been a struggle.
- I spilled a big old glass of water on my stove top a few weeks ago, which prompted a deep clean under the stove. Felt kinda good!
- Taco Soup – Wow! Mom made this and it was so delicious, and then I whipped it up at Dana and Koni’s last night and it was so easy! The best flavor and a fast feast! Ingredients: 1 can black beans, 1 can pinto beans (both drained and rinsed), 1 can petite diced tomatoes, 1 can sweet corn (both drained), 1 can white chicken breast, drained, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can green enchilada sauce, 1 can chicken broth, 1 packet taco seasoning. Mix, heat, serve. Excellent with tortilla chips! Yummy!
- The game Telestrations brought us many laughs on New Year’s Eve – what a fun family group game!
- A mild sunshiny day today is certainly making me happy!
- Looking forward to the weekend off – with nothing planned feels pretty great!
- I love having my Christmas tree up – to think I almost didn’t do it this year! – but it does feel good to put it away. I really don’t have many seasonal decorations aside from Christmas – maybe I need to add that to one of my lists… Mix it up a little.
- Reflecting on 2012 has been such a Joy (see above pic!). I continue to feel grateful for the people in my life and the adventures that they bring.
I feel like I could go on and on, which is a good thing, but I’d better move on and get some more stuff done! Enjoying the day!
What’s making you happy this week??