Yes, Quarter 4. In a few months I will be having another birthday! I have been so busy lately that I haven’t had much time for self-reflection, so I haven’t completed this thought yet. Let’s see what comes of it for now…
44 Things: Q4 – Things to DO or LOOK FORWARD TO! (July, August, September)
- Fourth of July! Always a great time with family – relaxing time at the end of the dock, fireworks, great food and photo ops!
- Plan a Book Fest! First annual? Bi-annual? Bookish food and treats? Crafts? Oh my! It’s coming right up, but it’s in the planning stages!
- Ferragosto! I can’t wait for my made up mid-August celebration! More details to follow!
- New York City! Looking forward to planning my annual trip to NYC! It will make turning a year older more palatable!
- Books! Read and listen as much as possible!
- Cosmo Girls! Start planning for 2013-2014!
- State Fair? Go if I can!
- Help Marissa move and get settled!
- Ferragosto Ferragosto Ferragosto! I have a feeling it’ll be the best ever!
- Sit down and … play piano or write poems or letters or play accordion… take time.
- What do you think I should add to my list?
There were items from past lists that didn’t get done (closets didn’t get cleaned, strangers didn’t get conversations… ) but I am not one to beat myself up over undone lists. Most of the fun for me is imagining the possibilities and it is just bonus if they happen. Probably I should add “start thinking about being 45!” What will that mean? What fun things will happen?
And the living is easy
Fish are jumpin’
And the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy’s rich
And your mama’s good lookin’
So hush little baby now
don’t you cry
One of these mornin’s
You’re gonna rise up singin’
Then you’ll spread your wings
And take to the sky
But til that mornin’
Ain’t nothin’ can harm you
With your daddy
And your mammy
– George Gershwin and Dubose Heyward, Porgy and Bess