- We make apartment hunting fun!
- Stops for coffee (Dunn Bros)
- Stops for mid-afternoon sustenance (Salut Bar)
- Rooftop dining with Deadra (Louie’s Ristorante)
- Looking forward to more Minneapolis adventures!
Dunn Bros Coffee
Not a tall girl!
Treats… we live the good life…
Rooftop dining ALWAYS in the summer
- Book talks at Binkies
- Happy hours after supervision
- Celebrations of LICSW after work
- Strolling along the river in Red Wing
Ice cream anytime!
On the River Walk
At the Scenic Overlook
Summer fun and celebrations!
- Rolling River Music Festival in Red Wing (late June)
- Fourth of July
- Rooftop meals
- Binkies on the Lake
- Thursdays on First
- RASA’s “Leaving Iowa”
- Using my kitchen to create deliciousness
- FAIR FOOD! One funnel cake per year
- Walks on beautiful days
- Planning Ferragosto Fun
Orange Monkey Bread – oh my !
Lamb and couscous – oh my!
Funnel Cake from the Fair!
Silver Lake walks!
Relaxing at the Ponderosa!
Thursdays on First with Mo!
Looking down on Thursdays on First
Movies! Books! Music!
- The Heat
- Playing for Keeps
- 21 Jump Street
- The Promise of Provence
- The Night Circus for book club
- Stories I Only Tell My Friends: Rob Lowe
- Emails filled with songs for each day of the week
- My favorite song of the week: Thursday (Here’s Why I Did Not Go To Work Today) http://youtu.be/ciz_C3xiuN0
- Cancelled cable = Netflix fests
- Planning a party for fellow book lovers
What is making you happy this July??
- 44 Things – Quarter 4 (walkietalkiebookclub.com)
Yes, Quarter 4. In a few months I will be having another birthday! I have been so busy lately that I haven’t had much time for self-reflection, so I haven’t completed this thought yet. Let’s see what comes of it for now…
44 Things: Q4 – Things to DO or LOOK FORWARD TO! (July, August, September)
- Fourth of July! Always a great time with family – relaxing time at the end of the dock, fireworks, great food and photo ops!
- Plan a Book Fest! First annual? Bi-annual? Bookish food and treats? Crafts? Oh my! It’s coming right up, but it’s in the planning stages!
- Ferragosto! I can’t wait for my made up mid-August celebration! More details to follow!
- New York City! Looking forward to planning my annual trip to NYC! It will make turning a year older more palatable!
- Books! Read and listen as much as possible!
- Cosmo Girls! Start planning for 2013-2014!
- State Fair? Go if I can!
- Help Marissa move and get settled!
- Ferragosto Ferragosto Ferragosto! I have a feeling it’ll be the best ever!
- Sit down and … play piano or write poems or letters or play accordion… take time.
- What do you think I should add to my list?
There were items from past lists that didn’t get done (closets didn’t get cleaned, strangers didn’t get conversations… ) but I am not one to beat myself up over undone lists. Most of the fun for me is imagining the possibilities and it is just bonus if they happen. Probably I should add “start thinking about being 45!” What will that mean? What fun things will happen?
And the living is easy
Fish are jumpin’
And the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy’s rich
And your mama’s good lookin’
So hush little baby now
don’t you cry
One of these mornin’s
You’re gonna rise up singin’
Then you’ll spread your wings
And take to the sky
But til that mornin’
Ain’t nothin’ can harm you
With your daddy
And your mammy
– George Gershwin and Dubose Heyward, Porgy and Bess