A few things from last week:
- The feeling of a weekend from the “olden days.” Not sure what I mean by that, except that since I’ve started a crazy work schedule, real weekends are rare and haven’t included much baking or cleaning or just relaxing in front of the TV. Last Thursday and Friday I had a “weekend” just like that!
- Relaxing and hanging out with friends and family Thursday night while the Vikings game was playing in the background – good food and wine included!
- The movie “Argo” was quite a flick! Very suspenseful with good humor and the hottie 1970s Ben Affleck.
- A big MAYO FB win over John Marshall! I worked til just after game time and hustled to the field – the wrong field! – so by the time I arrived at the game it was 22-0 in the 2nd quarter! Yay Mayo for the decisive win! Excited to be able to go to the game in Owatonna on Friday!
- The delicious Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake I made on Friday is going to continue to make me happy throughout this coming week! I doubled the recipe and have shared it with family and friends, but there’s still some left for breakfasts this week and the flavor hasn’t changed day by day! Yummy!
- The Lighthouse Blend coffee I bought at Door County is truly delicious!
Looking forward to:
- Choir tonight! Yay! Singing is Good…
- Working overnights this week… not sure I “look forward” to it, but it means I will be able to make the Section Championship Football Game Friday night! Working overnights also means that I have an attitude of extreme self-care. I ordered Seattle Sutton meals so I don’t have to think about what to eat, I will sleep as much as I can and watch a lot of TV and read in bed when I’m not sleeping. Some of you may think that doesn’t sound atypical for me!
Marissa inspired me to start this week’s list by sending me a link that is making her happy lately: Emergency Compliment gives you a quick boost if you need it!
Which reminded me of something cool we found shopping in Door County: Song lyrics on canvas! Lyricology is a new brand from Demdaco and for sale in stores that sell cute things. Jennifer bought one and it was hard to choose! I kind of want a bunch!
Candy corn and peanuts mixture also making me very very happy this week! Yummy!
So that’s a list of things that make me happy – from last week, for the week ahead, and in general!
What is making you happy?