Ferragosto 2012 is a beautiful memory! It was hard to leave on Friday, as the sky was blue, that sun was warm and the air was cool… perfect for basking! So bask I did… and when I got home I was exhausted! All that sunshine wears a person out!
I mostly took pictures of the deliciousness that we all prepared… from the first bottle of bubbly (pictured above, which will definitely be purchased again! So delicious!), to …
I know I took pictures of people, too, but the food and drink were so delicious that we had to capture every bit!
But the most priceless thing about Ferragosto is the quiet time and the laugh out loud moments, the serious talks and the silliness. It was great to have people there all week – it just meant that I didn’t get as much reading done as I did last year when I was there alone!
Life is good.
- Ready for Ferragosto! (walkietalkiebookclub.com)
- Buon ferragosto (solovignettebis.wordpress.com)
- Ferragosto in Rome (younginrome.com)
- In Florence this August? Some “cool” suggestions (ggnitaly84.wordpress.com)
- The Luxurious Season; Ferragosto, The Ascension and August in Europe (baileyalexander.typepad.com)