Ah, a day off with little sleep. Hopefully tonight I will sleep soundly, waking refreshed for a long work day!
But here’s what’s making me happy:
- Getting through overnights at work is always good… another month until it happens again!
- I finished “Gone with the Wind” last night! Woot! It was a great book, unfortunately I didn’t have a lot of endurance with it, so I read it in shorter spurts than I would have liked. But I can’t wait to discuss it with others who have read it and to revisit the movie. So much to talk about! Scarlett’s coping skill of “thinking of it tomorrow” is something I have employed… sometimes things are just so hard to face that you have to divert attention elsewhere and move forward with plans tomorrow. It is spoken so often in the book… and it is the final sentence of the book: “After all, tomorrow is another day.” I’m so glad I read it.
- Book club with the Preston gals was a lot of fun. We read a great book (“We are all Welcome Here” by Elizabeth Berg) and had great food – rum and Cokes, pizza burgers, cheesy potatoes, and Mississippi Mud Cake. Yummy! Always good to see those women!
- Met girls from work for dinner on a Friday night! It was good to get together outside of work and to get to know them better. Hopefully it’s something we can do again and again! We celebrated having a Friday off before a weekend off! Doesn’t always happen! Maybe this Friday we will have a happy hour after we have supervision from 6-8pm! 🙂
- I had a terrible cold during my weekend off, but enjoyed movies and reading… not a bad way to spend a weekend off!
- Singing is always good… love the songs we’re singing in choir! Some river songs, medley style (“Old Black Water,” “Swanee River,” “The Old Folks at Home,” “Mood River” and more!) and some Irish songs (yay!) and “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off.” Love it.
- Had some good days off last week before my weekend overnight work. Good meals out, good cooking at home, good movie in the theatre (“Admissions”) and hanging out with Marissa. Good stuff.
- A great post-tax-day out with Beth today – delicious breakfast at Burdey’s in Peterson (cinnamon roll pancakes – so good!) followed by shopping and fro-yo! Good stuff.
And coming up:
- 3 days of work ahead and a weekend off. No big plans (yet!), but just glad to have a Saturday, Sunday, Monday off!
- Hanging out with the kids a little as Dana and Koni jet off to Vegas!
- Starting in on my pile of TBR books – #1 is The Silver Linings Playbook! Yay! DVD comes out 4/30, so that’s something I”m looking forward to! Also have 2 book club books going – “The Accidental Tourist” by Anne Tyler and “Sick Girl” by Amy Silverstein (for work). Good stuff! I’m listening to the audio of “The Accidental Tourist” and I think it’s read by the slowest narrator in the history of narrators. Goodness. But it’s a good book!
- Planning a small graduation party for Marissa is fun… it sure is something to celebrate!
- Have so many good shows to catch up on – so glad I still have my DVR! I’ll catch up with them sometime – so no Mad Men or Smash spoilers!
What is making you happy this week?