One week ago today I had a birthday – my 44th! It’s a great number and I’m certain it’s going to be a great year. I’ll write about my birthday festivities later, but wanted to let you know what I’m thinking of doing to celebrate these 44 years.
I researched the number 44 on Wikipedia and learned that “Forty-four is a tribonacci number, a happy number, an octahedral number and a palindromic number.” I LOVE that it’s a happy number! I’m not sure I fully understand what it means to be a happy number but it was fun to read about!
I also learned that it’s the retired number for Hank Aaron and Reggie Jackson, so it’s known as the “hitter’s number.” 44 is the international calling code for Great Britain, Wyoming is the 44th state and Obama is the 44th president. Victor French played Agent 44 on Get Smart and +44 used to be a band.
I already did a “40 things to do before turning 40 list” and doing one for 50 sounds daunting (and it’s too early to be thinking about 50!), so I decided that I am going to make a list of 11 things to do or look forward to in the 4 seasons of my 44th year! One year I had a party for each season of the year and that was a lot of fun, and celebrating smaller chunks of the year sounds like a great idea to me! Here’s my start. Maybe I’ll incorporate some of the above interesting facts into my lists!
11 Things to Do or Look Forward to in the Fall (October November December)
- Celebrate my birthday in NYC – check!
- Go to 4 Daughters Winery
- Go to Door County to celebrate birthdays and trivia wins!
- Go to Bruce Springsteen concert
- Choir gigs and holiday concerts
- Read … something classic or new?
- Write … poetry or themed blogs?
- Plan … a dinner party or ??
- Shop early for Christmas gifts
- Play accordion weekly and give piano lessons as regularly as possible
- and something else that I’ll think of eventually!
Let me know if you have ideas that I can steal for my list or for the future lists!
I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
In looking for the quote reference I found a TON of great quotes from the book. I listened to it on audio years ago – probably the very first audiobook I listened to – and I should read it with my eyes sometime! Great positive quotes!
Have a great week!
- Brother to Sister (angiesgrapevine.wordpress.com)
- The Number 44 (realityofone.wordpress.com)
- Happy (yourselfhelppro.wordpress.com)
- Happy 44th Birthday, Will Smith! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Why Happy Numbers are Also the Naughtiest Numbers in History [Math] (io9.com)