Time… keeps marching, doesn’t it?
Here’s a list of things that have made me happy since Christmas –
- Christmas with the family on the Ponderosa. A snowfall, a bonfire, good food and laughs with family. Bliss.
- “Phantom of the Opera” at the Orpheum with Marissa and my mom (and Mo’s friend, Tricia). The music didn’t disappoint, the set was beautiful, and the chandelier dropping made me jump! Good stuff…
- Lots of Laughs (LOL) with Land O’ Lakes (LOL) at their Christmas party at Goonie’s Comedy Club!
- New Year’s Day movie watching with Jenny and Chris – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty at the Wehrenberg (loved it!), and take-out Chinese and Don Jon via my new AppleTV (also making me happy – thanks Chris!).
- The day-after-New-Year’s-Day movie watching with Marie – Saving Mr. Banks – a tear-jerker, for sure!
- A “Grand Getaway” to Minneapolis (and St. Paul) – the Minnesota History Center for Speakeasy Saturday, a double-date with Deadra and John to see Lorna Landvik at her Party in the Rec Room at the Bryant Lake Bowl, followed by a retro-bar crawl to Nye’s and Honey and brunch at Ike’s. Good stuff. I’m a lucky gal. 🙂
- Celebrating Chris Riggle’s birthday with her today! Pizza and brownies… nothing fancy but it was sure delicious! It was fun to catch up!
- I made my Goodreads goal for 2013 – 32 books read. I set my goal for this year at 36 and am optimistic that I can make it. 🙂 I’ll continue with Audible for a little while longer, but I’m collecting enough that I have a few banked up to read! Below is a list of the books I read in 2013 – looking forward to hitting more in my TBR pile in 2014!
Looking forward to spending more time reflecting on what my theme for 2014 will be… do you set New Year’s Resolutions or goals?
Happy (Belated) New Year!!