Ah… Days off with nothing firm scheduled are the best! I went out with work colleagues for a late dinner, watched a niece play volleyball, drank coffee in the sunshine (a rare and welcome sight!), shopped and bought TWO pairs of shoes, got a pedicure, cuddled on my couch with my nephew and watched “Wreck It Ralph,” bought gifts for babies and birthdays, caught up on some TV watching, and watched “Gone With the Wind.” And more days off tomorrow and Wednesday!
What’s Making Me Happy:
- I finished “Gone With the Wind” and am so glad I read it! It is an epic novel, ‘The Great American Novel,” and it is really worth the read. Watched the movie this weekend, in two sittings. It is a magnificent movie, and at 4-hours it is merely a condensed version of the story. It follows the story greatly, but the story is so much richer in the novel. Ah, Scarlet. Ah, Rhett. Love them both! After reading the Margaret Mitchell book, I really want to read the “sequels” that were written by others. I didn’t expect that to happen!
- I am also excited that I finished that 960 page book so that I can finally move on to my TBR pile! I’ve been listening to an audio for book club (“The Accidental Tourist” – slowest narrator EVER!), but I am excited to dive into some others. Ah, books. Good stuff.
- I still haven’t committed to my 3rd Quarter of 11 Things yet… but I will start that list here tonight, as almost 1/3 of that quarter is gone! Ha!
- Everytime I get an update of the blog Des Hommes et des Chatons, I smile. Good stuff! You MUST check it out! Sexy men and kittens – how can it be anything but happy-making? Go, NOW!
- THREE WEEKENDS IN A ROW OFF! This weekend, next, and the weekend after! Wowza! I may get used to that!
- The Rochester International Film Festival starts Friday night, so I’m looking forward to movies Saturday and Sunday – my weekend to work, but my “bye” weekend! Woot!
This week has been filled with bad news and frustrating media… I’m thankful for friends who choose to share the good and to remain hopeful and positive. It is easy to get sucked into it, for sure, but I do my best to “feed my head” with positive strategies and good news.
With that, here is my list of Things to look forward to or do in my April, May and June!
11 Things: 3rd Quarter:
- Book Club – LOVE talking about books, whenever and wherever! April 2 – with rum & Cokes, pizza burgers, and Mississippi Mud Cake! Will schedule another before the end of May!
- Cosmo Girls – April brought green smoothies, chair massages, and henna! May will bring A Cosmo Girl Party to celebrate another year of fun!
- A Spring Break facial – and pedicure!
- Baseball games and softball games – hopefully in sunshine!
- THE GREAT GATSBY movie! Cannot wait!!! Maybe a party before? Group outing?
- Marissa’s graduation in May with a party to celebrate her Bachelor’s in Biology! Taran’s graduation in June!
- Take Note! spring concert – most likely in June!
- New walking shoes – so hopefully many walks!
- Catch up on the TBR pile – as many as possible! #1 Silver Linings Playbook!
- June will bring Thursdays on First and Rochesterfest – outdoor food, music and fun! And hopefully sunshine! (Can you tell we’ve been without for too long?)
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger (NOT a patient!) weekly (?) and WRITE about it! Woot!
Have anything you think I should replace with something? What are you looking forward to in the upcoming spring months?
- Margaret Mitchell: Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn! (linusfernandes.com)
- Margaret Mitchell on Women and femininity (emblah13.wordpress.com)
- Book review: Gone with the wind (themargaretdaily.wordpress.com)