that the presents I ordered online (some as late as yesterday!) arrive in time for Christmas
that I get busy and am productive on one of my only days off until Christmas
(1. finish shopping 2. start wrapping 3. make cardamom cookies)
that someone comes and helps me drink all of the wine I’ve purchased lately
that the pink Christmas balls don’t fall off my little tree outside and shatter
Enough on my inside tree so some went to the outside tree!
that the few cards and letters that I mailed out arrive in time
(and that the few more that I will send will arrive in one piece!)
that I think of a clever way to re-cap 2012 and set goals for 2013
that the Christmas fun continues throughout the next week
Sweaters are fun!
that there is time for reflection these few days before the first day of winter
(I have that list, remember… )
that someday soon I can get through a day without shedding sad tears
(so much sadness in the world)
that everyone takes time to have a wonderful holiday season with those that they love and keeps their faith in the goodness of people.
“It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”
― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
- ANNOUNCING: 2013 Read-a-Long Schedule (unputdownables.net)
- How to Flirt Jane Austen Style (abullseyeview.com)
- My Top Picks for Jane Austen-inspired Holiday Gifts for 2012 (austenprose.com)
- Happy Birthday Jane Austen! ~ The Ten Best Reasons to Go to a JASNA AGM ~ It’s All About You Jane! (janeausteninvermont.wordpress.com)
- December 17: The Gift of Family (loristillman.wordpress.com)