My brain power is waning… I’m loving the new job but it’s exhausting learning so much! It’s such a good thing!! Yay! Earlier today I had so many thoughts about what to say in a blog… and now it’s kind of gone! Oh well… I’m enjoying the learning so much that I don’t mind if I aren’t as creative as I want to be right now! It’ll come again. 🙂
But I wanted to recognize the 200th anniversary of Charles Dickens’ birth with a short blog post. I loved A Tale of Two Cities and am going to put it on my list of books to re-read in 2012. It’s been a long time since I first read it, so it’ll be fun to read again.
In other news…
- I have really slowed in my reading. I’m plugging away on “A Moveable Feast” but behind in the assigned reading for last week and this. Some aren’t enjoying reading Hemingway, but I think it’s fun to read after reading “The Paris Wife” and hearing the author speak. I’ll keep on trucking… It has been easy to read it on the iPad. I tried to look up a word within the book, but it wasn’t in the dictionary. He must have made up words!
- The blogs I read daily really are taking up a lot of my reading time. I must figure that out.
- I’ve been enjoying old episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix instant. How fun to meet these characters in the beginning! I just started watching (and loving) the show a few years ago and it has many seasons under its belt!
- I love love love Downton Abbey! I’m going to watch a bit of Sunday night’s episode tonight. It’s hard to believe this season is almost done! Love the fast pace of the British series.
- Book club is coming up on Thursday! We read “The Center of Everything” and I’ll have to refresh my memory, since it seems like I read it a while ago! I look forward to seeing those peeps!
- And SocialICE is this weekend! The ice bar downtown. It has been a fun event every year and I can’t wait to participate in another! It’s fun to see the fur hats, coats, and boots that come out, but I’m afraid I won’t be sporting any of that! Uggs and wool for me!
Off to read!