I’ve had this page up a few times in the month of November but have remained quiet! Partly because my reading has slowed, due to the Thanksgiving holiday and other things. And partly because I didn’t want to post for the sake of posting! Finally, I have something to say. 🙂
I love firsts – first of the month, first of the year, first time doing anything. So a few days ago (the first of December) I started a list in my head (I also love lists) of things to get done in December. Fun things. I was going to do it like an Advent calendar, one thing assigned to each day, but decided to just make a list and see how many I can knock off.
- Bake bake bake!
- Try new recipes (Whiskey caramels? Yes please!)
- Bake with kiddos
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights while drinking hot cocoa
- Have a hot cocoa and cookie party
- Read the Christmas story in the Bible
- Hear the Christmas story being read
- Read “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
- Watch “Elf”
- Watch “The Holiday”
- Watch “Love Actually” (again)
- Buy some mistletoe
- Get a New Year’s Eve plan (before New Year’s Eve rolls around)
- Plan get-togethers with friends during Christmas break
- Sing as many carols as possible – find (or create!) singalongs
- Make more lefse
- Listen to LOTS of Christmas music!
- Play LOTS of Christmas music at the piano
- Find a tree topper – an angel or star
- …. I’m going to continue to add to this list as I think of more things.
Maybe you can help! Any holiday traditions that you have that are “must-do”s?
Off to read!