I’ve had this page up a few times in the month of November but have remained quiet! Partly because my reading has slowed, due to the Thanksgiving holiday and other things. And partly because I didn’t want to post for the sake of posting! Finally, I have something to say. 🙂
I love firsts – first of the month, first of the year, first time doing anything. So a few days ago (the first of December) I started a list in my head (I also love lists) of things to get done in December. Fun things. I was going to do it like an Advent calendar, one thing assigned to each day, but decided to just make a list and see how many I can knock off.
- Bake bake bake!
- Try new recipes (Whiskey caramels? Yes please!)
- Bake with kiddos
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights while drinking hot cocoa
- Have a hot cocoa and cookie party
- Read the Christmas story in the Bible
- Hear the Christmas story being read
- Read “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
- Watch “Elf”
- Watch “The Holiday”
- Watch “Love Actually” (again)
- Buy some mistletoe
- Get a New Year’s Eve plan (before New Year’s Eve rolls around)
- Plan get-togethers with friends during Christmas break
- Sing as many carols as possible – find (or create!) singalongs
- Make more lefse
- Listen to LOTS of Christmas music!
- Play LOTS of Christmas music at the piano
- Find a tree topper – an angel or star
- …. I’m going to continue to add to this list as I think of more things.
Maybe you can help! Any holiday traditions that you have that are “must-do”s?
Off to read!
3 thoughts on “December Things”
I’m hoping to put up the tree this weekend. I have to move some stuff first! Whiskey Caramels? Please share that recipe!
I haven’t made them yet but look forward to trying them!
I put up my tree right around Thanksgiving and finished decorating it on 11/30, so that was a November activity! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
I’m glad we got to watch Love Actually together. I’m hoping we can drive around with hot cocoa and look at Christmas lights together as well? 🙂