Here Come the Littles Image via Wikipedia
I read a lot of book blogs and someone posted some questions about memories related to school and books. I have a lot of memories about reading when younger, so I’ll answer a few of the questions – and hope you will too!
- What’s your favorite bookish school memory?
- Did your teacher read aloud to you? Do you remember what book it was?
I vividly remember Mrs. Karnath reading aloud “The Call of the Wild
.” I know she read a lot of books aloud but that’s the only title I can remember right now. That was 5th grade!!
- Do you remember what books you checked out at the school library?
I was just telling my niece that my favorite book that I would check out over and over was “No Flying in the House.” It was about a girl who realizes that she is a fairy and can fly around. You can tell if you’re a fairy if you can kiss your elbow. 🙂 Years later I went to the elementary library and looked for this book and it was gone. I haven’t searched for it online … yet. I also remember reading all the books about the Littles
– little people who lived in the walls and had tails. I never read the Borrowers, but think they’re similar genres. And Trixie Beldon books were favorites with me and Maureen.
I loved the library and going there.
I didn’t start going to the public library until after college. It was always such a dark and quiet place with a crabby librarian, so it didn’t feel inviting at all.
- What was one of the first book reports you did for school?
- Do you have a favorite book or author that you first heard about from a teacher or school project?
- Do you have a not-so-pleasant bookish memory from your school days?
How about you? Any answers to the above questions? Any great memories of reading in your school years?
Off to read!