I’ve seen some good movies this year but only two movies on the big screen.
In June I saw “In the Heights” on opening weekend in Imax. It was so fun – to see that big musical on a big screen! It was definitely a joyous experience!
On New Year’s Eve I saw “West Side Story” in an afternoon matinee with some girlfriends. It was kind of the opposite experience. It is a big beautiful musical with amazing costumes, exhilarating dancing, and beautiful voices – but it is not joyous! The story is still tragic and there is no big musical number at the end to lift you up. But I’m still glad I saw it!
One day around Thanksgiving, I asked Chris, “Do you think we will ever become people who go to movies again?” We used to go a few times per month – before Chris I went even more frequently! Now we have so many options at home, so it’s easier to stay home and stay cozy and watch what we have. Maybe there will be movies that will entice me enough again, but so far it has only been the two.
I’ve started a list of movies on my phone so I can add to it in one place and try to keep track of where to find them. One of my “things to do” in 2022. It’s probably very 2010 but here you go. I’m gonna start keeping track!
In 2021, movies and series I have enjoyed include:
- Bunheads – ah, Sutton
- Younger – ah, Sutton
- Alice in Paris – the food!
- Emily in Paris – the fashion!
- TED LASSO!!! – Oh, I wish that everyone could see this… so amazing.
- The Morning Show
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
- Mad About You – a fun glimpse into their “more adult” life!
- Barb & Star Go to Vista del Mar – fun fun fun!
- Score: The Hockey Musical – available on Youtube!
- Never Have I Ever
- 9 Perfect Strangers
- On the Verge
- 8-Bit Christmas – an AMAZING movie! I wish everyone could see this!
- And Just Like That…
- Found – an amazing documentary on Netflix about three girls adopted from China who find that they are cousins and become lifelong friends.
What has been your best-of-2021? What are you looking forward to in 2022?