Following along with Boof’s 40 Day Challenge leading up to her 40th birthday, today’s topic is:
25) A favourite chicklit book
I do love me some chicklit! To answer this question I first looked up a definition of chicklit.
- Novels written for and by young women
- Literature appealing to women, usually with a romantic or sentimental theme
- A genre of fiction concentrating on young working women and their emotional lives
- Jane Green
- Jennifer Weiner
- Sophie Kinsella
- Helen Fielding
#25 on my list of things to do was to Go to the Trempeleau Hotel for an outdoor concert. The Trempeleau Hotel is in the small town of Trempeleau along the Mississippi River. There is a lawn where they hold outdoor concerts in the summer and Beth and I were able to take in a concert there. I think it was the summer of 2008, but for the life of me I can’t remember who we saw! It’ll come to me (or Beth will remember). We brought our own lawn chairs and had yummy food and drink in the late summer evening. It was a great time.
Off to read!
- Monday Musings: Stop Calling It “Chick Lit” (katjevanloon.com)
- No frills please: don’t chick-lit my books just because I’m a woman | Polly Courtney (guardian.co.uk)