According to the Secret Society of Happy People today is the 13th Annual Happiness Happens Day. August is Happiness Happens Month. Or something. But I’m all about Happiness, so I’ll buy in to anything that may make others think about happiness and what makes them happy and how to make others happy. 🙂
So for today, here’s what’s making me happy:
- My own domain name. Yes, I dropped the .wordpress.com and am now simply walkietalkiebookclub.com. For $18 per year, why not? Makes me feel legitimate or something. I’ll check with my email subscribers to see if they still receive the email, but otherwise you’ll have to bookmark the very first website that I ever owned!
- I got 7 hours of sleep today! I worked overnight and was sooooooo tired this morning. I almost dozed off TWICE at work. I fell asleep shortly after 7 and woke up at 10 and was worried… but next thing I knew it was after 2! Yay! Bring on night two!
- Planning and preparing for Ferragosto! I’ll blog more about Ferragosto later this week…
- Planning things, in general, makes me happy. Right now I’m planning events for Cosmo Girls and my townhome community, another trip to NYC for my birthday, concerts (Jeremy Messersmith and Glen Hansard in September and Bruce Springsteen in November!), a Door County B&B stay with my fellow trivia contest winner in October, and maybe a spring adventure! I seriously have a piece of paper by my computer with my upcoming days off listed and possible events to check into. (I want to get to 4Daughters Winery!)
- The UPS brought my latest purchases from B&N yesterday, including a frame with the quote by Victor Borga, ” Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” I can’t wait to put a fun picture in there! Other purchases included the When Harry Met Sally DVD (where did mine go???) and the book “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed for Marissa (I’m sure I’ll read it sometime, too!).
Well, that’s a snippet. I’m sure I’ll think of more. I love the Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast and they end every show with “What’s Making You Happy this Week.” I’ll try to do more of that! SO much to be happy about…
What’s making you happy this week?
Off to get ready for work!
- Ferragosto! (jbpersonalisedcatering.wordpress.com)
- ‘Once’ star Glen Hansard’s debut album set for massive success – VIDEO (irishcentral.com)
- Glen Hansard Shares His Thoughs About ‘Once’ Musical On Broadway [Listen] (929dave.radio.com)