Ah. A great break from work has almost come to an end, but I really like the shift that I am working this week (2:30pm – 11:00pm) so I still get to stay up a little later and sleep in a little bit, so it fits my natural cycle. I have a suitcase out and started filling it with a few things, and have a list going of other things I need to think about and plan before next weekend!
But this weekend was awesome…
- Book club and Mexican food and catch-up time with the FC gals Thursday night
- Pampering with free gifts at the Estee Lauder counter Friday morning
- Mayo Football at Winona Friday night – their Homecoming game, but Mayo won the exciting game
- Trajan’s football game Saturday morning – a perfect fall morning for football!
- A singing “gig” in Winona Saturday afternoon
- Pizza and a DVD (OT: Our Town) at Judy’s in Winona Saturday afternoon
- Dancing to Hitchville at the Wicked Moose for Kristine’s birthday Saturday (until the wee hours of Sunday morning!)
- A great sleep-in and matinee of “Trouble with the Curve” on Sunday afternoon
- Girls’ Night In hair coloring party at Angie’s Sunday night
- and now… muffin baking and blogging before heading to Rushford for choir and the How I Met Your Mother season premiere!
I just re-watched the double season finale of How I Met Your Mother this morning so I’m ready for this season – is it 8? The final musical selection got me searching the internet to see what it was and I’m delighted to say that I have it in my iTunes! It ends with “The Wind” by Cat Stevens. Such good music in that great show – and several Spotify playlists to prove it!
Back to work tomorrow, but I’m armed with a list of things to do and think about and plan for. Maybe I’ll have time to blog my itinerary for the fun that begins on Saturday! It’s all so self-indulgent! I love it!
I also have a birthday coming up next week (hence the fun schedule to come!) and it’s kind of a cool number, I think. I’m kicking around some inspiration for lists – nothing as grand as the 40 things to do before turning 40. But maybe 4 lists of 11 things? I will see. I also read somewhere someone was putting together a list for 10/10 – like 10 things to say YES to and 10 things to say NO to. That’s do-able, too.
- I subscribe to a Timehop email and daily I get a re-cap of my Twitter and Facebook posts from one year ago. It’s been fun to look back at that time and see what goodness was going on.
- I read a few old blog posts of mine. I have blogged 225 posts since February 2010. Crazy, eh? 225 isn’t a lot when you think that I’ve been blogging for almost 3 years (yikes!) but I guess that’s more than a blog a week. I blogged a lot and was kind of clever when I was unemployed! For example, I did 40 days of blogs with another blogger who was celebrating her 40th birthday. I also blogged daily using the Satellite Sisters Uncommon Senses as a theme. I liked that. Maybe I’ll reprise it monthly or something.
- I don’t get any (or many) comments on my blog. I don’t know why that is. Probably because the people who really read it get it via email and it’s not as easy as commenting when you’re on the website. If you do read it via email, I hope that you clicked that dance video that I posted after I saw The Intouchables. What fun it is!!!
Well, enough for today! Must get ready and get myself to Rushford! It’s a beautiful sunshiney Monday! Enjoy!
- Neil Patrick Harris Talks the End for ‘How I Met Your Mother’ (hollywood.com)