I’m overwhelmed. I like to blog about the “goings-on” of life, but wow. There’s been a lot going on. So, instead I’m going to give you lists of the good stuff with very little commentary – if you have questions, ask!
First, I got married in NYC. I have hundreds of photos but instead I’ll just share with you my “check-ins” from the SWARM app on my phone.
NYC via SWARM app
- RST – our flight was cancelled Sunday morning, so we had to re-book with a different airline, avoiding O’Hare on the way to NYC. Got in a few minutes earlier than we would have, so it was all good!
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Office of the City Clerk – Marriage Bureau – Got dropped off at City Hall, which was not open, because it’s not where you get married! I had the address, just not the correct name!
- London Terrace Towers – Where Troy lives! Love his hospitality!
- Toshi’s Living Room – a Funky place; met everyone here and moved on…
- O’Reilly’s Irish Pub – good grub and quieter atmosphere!
- 230 Fifth Rooftop Lounge – beautiful place!
- London Terrace Towers – up and at ‘em, heading out for a walking tour!
- Staten Island Ferry – Whitehall Terminal
- Battery Park
- Bowling Green
- Federal Hall National Memorial
- Trinity Church
- National September 11 Memorial and Museum
- City Hall Park Gas Lite Bulbs Fountain
- Wafels & Dinges – Pagadder Card
- Wo Hop Restaurant
- Becco – great Italian restaurant with a prix fixe meal before theatre! Toasts, tears and laughter!
- Lyric Theatre – ON THE TOWN! A great musical during preview week. Appropriate for a bunch of people experiencing NYC for a short time – and getting the most out of it!
- Times Square – the Red Stairs
- O’Lunney’s – birthday drinks! I almost forgot that my wedding day was actually my birthday, as well! So after midnight we had a toast to the awesome day ahead! I still don’t remember that I turned a year older, so maybe I’ll remain 45 forever?
WEDNESDAY – WEDDING DAY!
- Office of the City Clerk – Marriage Bureau – #woohoowedo2014 ! A perfect ceremony!
- Starbucks – a brief reception, due to drizzle! Then on to our ROLLING RECEPTION!
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria
- High Line
- Central Park – Bethesda Fountain
- LOVE Sculpture
- Empire State Building – 86th Floor Observatory
- Archer Hotel New York – checked in and met the crew at the rooftop bar, Spyglass!
- Periyali – Greek dinner!
- Marie’s Crisis – singing along with every song!
- Archer Hotel New York – what a beautiful day!
- Times Square
- M&M’s World – met Rob here and also went to the Hershey store!
- Pie Face
- MSG Entertainment HQ
- High Line – the newish part!
- Joe the Art of Coffee
- Archer Hotel New York – a disco nap!
- Guy’s American Kitchen and Bar – dinner with Troy!
- Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre – “It’s Only a Play” – a fun play with a star-studded cast!
- Junior’s Restaurant & Bakery – treats for morning
- Shake Shack – treats for now! “Great White Way”
- Times Square at midnight
- Carnegie Deli
- Bethesda Terrace
- Heartland Brewery
- Stephen Sondheim Theatre – “Beatiful – The Carole King Musical” SO GOOD!
- Swing 46
- Chelsea – leaving in a downpour!
- Queens – Midtown Tunnel
- Whistle Binkies on the Lake – with Tony and Tien!
- The Doggery
- Willow Creek Golf Course – our wedding reception!
- Whistle Binkies on the Lake – with Kim and Eric, Maureen and Dennis! Yay!
MONDAY – Chris back at work, Danette unpacking!
That was a whirlwind of a week – and I know there were stops I didn’t “check in” but it is a fun way to keep track of a vacation!
And then life after the wedding …
- There was FOOTBALL! Gunnar’s senior year, filled with wonderful highlights and honors!
- There were meals – at Burdey’s, at Panera, at Caribou, at Jessie Street Java, at Four Daughters Vineyard & Winery, at Victoria’s, at Chester’s, at The Thirsty Belgian, at Cowboy Jack’s Saloon, at Chipotle, at Brothers, at Pho Chau…
- There were movies – GONE GIRL, ST. VINCENT, DUMB AND DUMBER TO, and HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART I.
- Garrison Keillor came to Rochester and we enjoyed his live radio show
- Basketball has begun and I look forward to watching TRAJAN and GRACIE and REES play during this season!
- Thanksgiving was a blast – relaxing and fun. Highlights were sledding with Kaydee, listening to what everyone was Thankful for this year, and playing HEADS UP. Download it to your phone or iPad if you haven’t! It’s a hit!
- Notice: Not a SINGLE BOOK WAS READ! Oh my. I have been catching up with my Oprah magazine, and slowly reading a great book. I am going to fail miserably at my Goodreads goal, but I’m really ok with that. Life is SO good.
Now it’s December. I am hoping that in December I can connect with many friends and family, enjoying TIME and conversations with everyone. I tend to enjoy Thanksgiving more than Christmas because I get stressed about presents, but I hope that I can focus on relationships instead of receipts this December, so that Christmas can be celebrated as it is intended.
Ah, life is good! I am blessed!